/* ------------Peek-a-boo------------- */

How the average person is doused in pain, and set alight by grinding a blunt fork up and down your elbow. Life is miserable, so lets take it out on a blog.

Monday, December 13, 2004

Political correctness; PAH!

Jeezus Christ, what is wrong with the bleeding world today. The word political correctness may conjure up images of the future, of common respect and decency, amongst other wovelwy things. If it does, you are mentally ill and should be disposed of in the gut of wild boar.

Sure, some things shouldn't be said, but for goodness sake, some just go past the boundaries.

Brainstorm. I'm sure you've all heard the word. "Let's have a brainstorming" session. Common in many an office meeting and school. Well now, apparently, teacher are not allowed to use it. I mean COME ON! Brainstorming, what could that possibly incur? I'll tell you why. It's a joke. It may offend people with brain trauma. I MEAN FOR F***'s SAKE! BRAIN TRAUMA!? You have got to be having a laugh. That's just insane. I know if I had brain trauma, I would not even be the slightest bit offended.

Blackboard. Nah ah ah, not allowed to use that as it may offend black people. Oops, I'm not allowed to say that either. I'm supposed to say "people of Caribbean/African descent". You're supposed to call it a chalkboard.

And incase people think they're immune, white board is politically incorrect too! You're supposed to use marker board! Most of my friends are white, and I've never heard anyone be offended by it. Come on, get over yourselves!

And so called sexist words like "manhole cover" are not right either. So what would you call it? A "humanhole cover"?

My mum works in a hospital and has had training in political correctness believe it or not. (Well you should believe me, otherwise, piss off). Get this, you can't say "a person in a wheelchair". You know what you have to say? "a person using a wheelchair"! Jesus! You need to be in a f***ing wheelchair to use it!

Even referring to disabilities by name is frowned upon. No no to "down syndrome sufferer", not even "mentally disabled" or "person with learning difficulties". It simply has to be "disabled person".

"Oh, you know the patient in Ward 2, cubicle 3?"
"Which one is that?"
"Erm.... the disabled person."
"Could you, uh, narrow it down a bit?"
"Erm, let's see, the one with brown hair, in a ponytail, black top?"
"You mean the mental patient"
"JESUS MAN! What did you say!?!?! Professional misconduct I say!"

What more do I need to say.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha so true, and funny, ive some shocking jokes, which just wont be apropriate here.

i saw a sign i nikea parking that said
"Impared mobility parking"
i mean what a waste of a huge sign !

4:50 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

isnt it doug wot a big waste

10:35 am

 

Post a Comment

 
<%radio.macros.staticSiteStatsImage ()%>